Finding an Advisor

Students who are admitted with a GRA are expected to find a faculty member to support them. Students who TA during their first academic year are expected to find an advisor by the end of their first year or sooner. It is very important that you notify the PMA Student Programs Office when you have joined a research group or if you need help finding an advisor. Physics graduate students may work for faculty in research groups outside of the department or division with department approval. Your advisor must approve your registration. Unattached students must report to the the Physics Option Representative until they find an advisor.