Caltech Home > PMA Home > Financial Support
open search form

Financial Support

There are some fellowships available, usually for the first year of study, but the predominant mode of financial support is a teaching assistantship, which includes a full tuition grant, as well as a stipend to cover living expenses. The teaching load is very light and typically consists of assisting with a freshman or sophomore level course. All offers of admission in recent years have been accompanied by a fellowship or assistantship offers, and such support is independent of whether the student is domestic or international.

In addition there are special fellowship for students who are US citizens, female, under represented minorities, and/or Southern California residents. Please contact the math graduate office for specific eligibility requirements or to inquire about applying. 

Travel Funding Support

Math Graduate students are eligible to apply for a one-time travel fund of $500 from the Bohnenblust fund as well as up to $500 annually from the David and Barbara Groce travel fund. Fill out an application here. Additional conference travel grants of up to $500/year are available from the Graduate Studies Office